From Sitecore with love and me
Being part and consuming from the sitecore community since May 2014 it's time to share my experiences in order to contribute as well.
About "From Sitecore with Love"
As from my experiences dealing with a multisite and multidatacenter Sitecore installation since May 2014 I would like to share some insides about things I stumbled uppon. This can be also about basic stuff. As I participted and learned alot from Sitecore consultants and the community, this way I want to give back something into the community. I'm happy about feedback.
Dealing with Oracle Database and Merchandise Management Systems for 8 years as Developer and Solutions/Software Architect I decided to move myself in a different direction. As I got myself into PHP and MySQL Web-Development these days I wanted to learn more about web technologies, trends and marketing possibilites.
As the company I'm working in started the Digital Transformation in Summer 2011 I had the chance to get into Web CMS Development with Pirobase, a JAVA Base CMS, as platform. Learning more and more by simply doing it and developing & designing customer demands was supported by doing studies of "media information technology" in FH Emden.
Since May 2014 I'm working now with Sitecore as Web Content Mangement System in the role of a Solutions Architect. It took a while to change my mindset from "pirobase colored" to Sitecore. As we run a multisite approach with multiple datacenters accross the world and a "higher" rate of visits I stumbled uppon several limitations and edges of the Solution.
Since December 2016 I fell in love with Sitecore Experience Accelerator (SXA) - with it's big bunch of provided features and benefits: Partial Designs, Snippets, Rendering Variants, Multi-Site support on Indexes, Tenant and Site creation and many more...
Sitecore Events I joined
- Sitecore Symposium, 2014 (Barcelona)
- SUGDE, Köln
- SUGDE, May 2015 (Dresden) - Speaker (Insights on Metro Cash and Carry Architecture)
- SUGDE, March 2016 (Hamburg)
- SUGCON, Eindhoven
- Sitecore Marketing Summit, May 2016 (Berlin) -Metro - Winner of "Site of the year" and "Best Context Marketing" Award
- SUGCON, April 2016 (Copenhagen)
- Sitecore Symposium, September 2016 (New Orleans)
- SUGDE, September 2016 (Berlin) - Speaker (A Masterpiece: Sitecore Upgrades and the real life)
- SUGDE, January 2017 (München)
- SUGDE, April 2017 (Bremen)
- SUGCON, May 2017 (Amsterdam)
- SUGDE, August 2017 (Frankfurt) - Speaker (100% Availability - a walkthrough of system and process requirements)
- Sitecore Symposium, October 2017 (Las Vegas) - Speaker (Panel: Building Sitecore Solutions that scale and perform)
- SUGPL, December 2017 - Speaker (100% Availability - a walkthrough of system and process requirements)
- SUGCON, April 2018 (Berlin)
- SUGDE, June 2018 (Düsseldorf) - Host, Shirts & Speaker (Accelerate everything - SXA at enterprise level)
- Sitecore Symposium, October 2018 (Orlando) - Shirts & Speaker (Accelerate everything)
- Sitecore MVP Summit, October 2018 (Orlando)
- SUGDE, November 2018 (Nürnberg)
- Sitecore Symposium Summary, November 2018 (Düsseldorf) - Speaker (Sitecore Symposium Summary 2018)
- SUGHU, Feburary 2019 (Budapest) - Speaker (Fast, faster, SXA) - SXA arround the world Tour
- SUGDE, Feburary 2019 (Hamburg)
- SUG-BeLux, Feburary 2019 (Leuven) - Speaker - SXA arround the world Tour
- SUGPL, March 2019 (Warsow) - Speaker - SXA arround the world Tour
- DSUG, May 2019 (Denver) - Speaker - SXA arround the world Tour
- Sitecore Symposium, November 2019 (Orlando) - Shirts, Stickers & Speaker: From Discovery to Live site: A Multisite Solution at scale
- Sitecore MVP Summit, November 2019 (Orlando)
- SUGDE, November 2019 (Wuppertal)
- SUGDE, March 2020 (München) - Speaker: Cleaning up with Sitecore Front end myth